Bed bugs are a common problem in Eastern, North Carolina. Tiny insects can be found in all sorts of places, and it is important to be aware of where they typically hide.
Bed bugs are attracted to warm and dark areas, so they are likely to be found in mattresses, box springs, bed frames, and headboards. They can also be present in the crevices of furniture, behind baseboards, and in cracks or crevices in walls. They may also be found in the seams of curtains and in folds of cloth, such as in the creases of clothing.
In addition to these areas, bed bugs can also be found in other places in and around the home. They may hide in electrical outlets, behind wall hangings or pictures, and in cracks or crevices in furniture. They may be found in carpets and rugs, as well as in the seams of upholstered furniture. They may also hide in the seams of suitcases, backpacks, and other items that have been stored for a long period of time.
It is important to be aware of where bed bugs may hide and to take the necessary steps to prevent an infestation. Vacuum and steam clean carpets, mattresses, and furniture regularly and inspect for signs of bed bugs. If bed bugs are found, contact a professional exterminator to make sure the infestation is properly eradicated.
Bed Bugs Hiding Places
- Mattresses and box spring is the 1# place.
- Edges of Carpets, on carpets
- Behind baseboards, door frames, window frames,
- Electrical outlets
- Behind pictures
- On, in and under – dressers, night stands, chairs, couch cushions & seams.
- Bed Frames, Headboards, any thing stored under bed.
- Smoke detectors & CO2 detectors
- Lap tops and computers
- Clocks & lamps
- On personal clothes on floor, in closets, dressers.
- On Curtains
- In, Under any appliance: TV’s DVD’s, Phones, Radio’s, exercise equipment.
- Kid toy’s, pet bedding & Pet Toy’s.
For more information call D & D Pest Control Co. at (252)523-8255